MS in Software Engineering
The Master of Science (MS) in Software Engineering program is offered by Department of Software Engineering at Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. The program focuses on modern software engineering principles along with the methods and techniques that support their application. The curriculum of the program puts emphasis on systematic design and development of high-quality complex software systems. It also gives an opportunity to the students to be exposed to latest computing technologies and research work in this domain.
The demand for software systems, with greater complexity and larger quantity, is rising with growing digitalization of equipment, automation of business processes, and increasing user expectations from computing resources. This demand has led to the need of specialists who can design software systems that satisfy user requirements while meeting quality, security and reliability expectations. Such specialists are sought after in every industry, be it banking, aviation, e-commerce, consumer electronics, healthcare or national security. The MS in Software Engineering program aims to fulfil this demand of specialists by enhancing software engineering knowledge and skills of people from different academic and professional backgrounds.
Program Educational Objectives:
The graduates of the MS Software Engineering program will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to:
- Critically apply software engineering concepts and practices to provide creative solutions of complex problems.
- Plan, design, develop and maintain software systems while ensuring their quality and reliability.
- Pursue leading roles, locally and globally, as software engineers, consultants, researchers or entrepreneurs with high level of professionalism.
- Adapt, re-learn and innovate in rapidly evolving technological environment.
- To become eligible for admission in Master of Science in Software Engineering Program, an applicant must have completed sixteen years of schooling or four-year post-secondary education, in computing or a relevant discipline, from HEC recognized degree awarding institute, with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0).
- Applicants may be recommended to complete deficiency courses in light of their educational background, knowledge and experience.
The students are expected to complete the program in minimum two years and maximum four years.
Degree Completion Requirements
To become eligible for award of MS degree, a student must have successfully completed courses and/or thesis totalling at least 30 credit hours and have earned CGPA of at least 2.5 on a scale of 4.0.