QUALITY ENHANCEMENT CELL
Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is one of the initiatives of the Higher Education Commission (HEC). HEC has established QEC in public sector universities throughout the country and recommended the establishment of QEC in private sector universities also. As SSUET believes in quality, that is why the university established a wing under the nomenclature “Quality Enhancement Cell” in 2008 in pursuance of the directive of HEC. This Cell, based on modern techniques, develops strategies that bring enhancement in the quality in all spheres of working of SSUET. The mission of the Cell is to make teaching, lab work, research and output of the functionaries of SSUET superb and outstanding from all points of view. The Cell designs training and arranges lectures/ seminars from experts to achieve this goal.
In 2008 QEC was headed by Dr. Abdul Wahid Usmani. In the year 2009 Mr. Syed Salimuddin Ahmed was assigned additional portfolio as Director QEC. Later Prof. Dr. Muhammad Zakaullah Khan also held charge of Director QEC.
At present Prof. Dr. Arshad Karim is working as full fledge Director QEC
At QEC, the Trainings/ Workshops/ Seminars are carried out in strict adherence with the guidelines set by the HEC. In addition, in-house trainings are also conducted in various engineering disciplines.
To plan, coordinate and follow up university’s academic and administrative programs & projects to ensure dispensation of high quality education including enhancement of student learning & research by a mechanism of overall development and progress of SSUET particularly, in line with ideals of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan.
Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology aims to create such environments that would blend both national and international standards of quality education with transparency, consistency of procedures and a competitive edge to meet the aspirations of stakeholders, face the challenges of modern time’s progressive enhanced academic posture worldwide with Aligarh spirit.
Objectives of QEC
- Implementation of Quality Assurance (QA) framework at Institution level. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has defined Standards of performance at institutional level. These Standards will be implemented in letter and spirit.
- Implementation of QA framework at Program level. Compliance to Standards / Criteria specified by relevant accreditation bodies will be ensured. Accreditation of all SSUET programs will be obtained from the respective councils.
- In order to evaluate and monitor performance against parameters defined by HEC / Accreditation Councils, implementation of internal and external assessment mechanisms. The findings and recommendations of the performance evaluation reports are part of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) efforts at SSUET.
- Implementation of policies and criteria defined by HEC (QA) such as faculty appointment criteria, admission criteria of students, plagiarism policy etc.
- Development of strategic and financial plans at the university level as well as at the departmental level. Policies that inculcate a quality culture at SSUET will be developed.
- Efforts to increase involvement of students, faculty and staff of the university in implementing the Quality Assurance mechanism.