PROPOSED SPORTS POLICY & STRUCTURE
PROPOSED SPORTS POLICY & STRUCTURE
The sports activities in Sir Syed University are an integral part of the schedule of working of the university and conducted regularly. It is in accordance with true Aligarh Spirit. Students of Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology brought many titles for university in various sports competitions. SSUET regularly participating in HEC games and brought Titles / Medals in Badminton, Taekwondo, Jujitsu, Boxing, Cricket, Hockey, Football, Table Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Swimming, Body Building etc. Cricket Team of SSUET represents Pakistan in International interuniversity tournaments and brought honor for University and Pakistan.
The Sports Department provides an equal opportunity to every student in the university to take part in the sports in which he/she is interested and inculcate team spirit, healthy outlook, physical fitness, positive thinking and winning spirit besides excellence in regular studies in a conductive deadening & learning environment.
The vision of sports department is to have a positive impact that promote youth development & excellence in sports, wellness, teamwork, ethics, and provide opportunities to students and faculty to enhance the moral values required to lead meaningful lives while impacting society in respectful ways.
- To develop the skills of students up to a marked level where they become capable to participate boldly in all events (indoor / outdoor) conducted throughout the year.
- Flexible sports events planning – First Term & Second Term (Internal & External).
- To diversify the field of sports among students and to make them capable for participation at different level.
- Liaison with sports & recreation clubs and societies for sports activities.
HEC Sports Event:
NOTE: To host Inter-University Competition for any two of the events (If agreed by university management) – to get recognition for organizing well planned events
Short Term Planning:
- Internal – Inter class & Inter Departmental Competitions.
- External –Inter universities tournaments (Private & HEC Level Competitions).
- Hiring of specific Officials &Volunteers to facilitate events.
- Skill development through training sessions / lectures / practical demos.
- Use of different sports tools for personality building.
Long Term Planning:
- Allocation of Sports Budget as per requirement for each financial year.
- Specific requirement of coaches (temporary for the event)
- Maintain Inventory of Sports Goods – Purchasing and vendor management.
- Sports Blocks (Utilization & Time Scheduling).
- Stock Division & Stand by Stock.
- Coordination with other departments and with teams.
- Coaching / Training (Micro & Macro).
- Training Schedule – Beginners, Learners & skilled programs.
- Documentations for Events (Heads Approval, Circulars & Student information’s).
- Maintaining Student Records (Participations & Achievements).
- Following coaches are planned to be hired for development of sports.
- Athletic based Physical Trainer
- Basket Ball Coach
- Table Tennis Coach
- Volley Ball Coach
FLOW CHART OF SPORTS ACTIVITIES
PLAN TO INTRODUCE FOLLOWING EVENTS DURING 2019 - 20:
Regular Sports Activities:
- Volley Ball
- Foot Ball
- Table Tennis
- Basket Ball
- Tug of War
- Throw Ball
Other Co-Curricular Activities:
- Workshops & Seminars.
- Fitness related programs (Students & Staff Members)
- Summer Camps & General Fitness Schedule.
- Sports Olympiad & Exhibition Matches.
- Recreational programs.
To Achieve the Objectives following Resources will be required:
- Allocation of sufficient budget prior to the event.
- Availability of Grounds.
- Training / Coaching Camps.
- Arrangement of sports goods.
- Coaches for respective event.
Allocation of Budgets:
Budget is Allocated in the following heads:
- Sufficient amount for purchasing of sports goods
- Rents of hired Grounds
- Salaries for hired specific event coach (excluding full time coaching)
- External Event participation / Registration Fees
- Event wise KIT purchasing budget
- Purchasing of required accessories
- Matches transportation budget
- Trophies, Shield, Participant & Achievement Certificates Budget
- Match Refreshment budget
- Ground Maintenance Budget in SSUET Premises
- Budget for External Umpires, Technical Officials etc.
- Budget for Workshop & Seminar
Following grounds are frequently used by SSUET for sports activities.
- UBL Sports Complex.
- Customs Sports Complex.
- KHA Sports Complex.
- Pakistan Sports Board (National Coaching & Training Centre) – Facility of membership for individual & in the form of Group.
- Sixteen Star Football Ground /Gulshan Soccer Club.
- Government College of Physical Education.
Training / Coaching Camps:
- For the purpose of specialized training in respective events, specific coaches will conduct coaching camps of 10 – 15 days prior to the event.
- Training will be based on theoretical as well as practical sessions. Periods would be assigned for them in the time tables prepared for each class / section which should be followed strictly.
Players: Rs.800 Daily
Officials: Rs. 1500 Daily
Director Sports: Rs. 2500 Daily
Players: By Train (Lower AC class)
Officials: By Train (Lower AC class)
Director Sports: By Air (Economy Class) and for Boarding / lodging Rs. 6000 per day.
|Rs. 200 per person for each match.|
Within city: Transport to be arranged by Transport Dept. of SSUET)
Out of city: Rs. 5000 per day (as and when required)
|Rs. 10,000/- per tour.|
|Cricket||Rs. 20,000/- Full day Rs. 10,000/- Half day||8000 per hour|
|Hockey||Rs.3000/- per Match||Rs. 10,000/- per match|
|Football||Rs.3000/- per Match||Rs.10000/- per Match|
|Ground Maintenance of SSUET|
Budget for External Umpires, Technical Officials etc.
|Games||Umpire / Referee (per official)|
|Cricket||3000/- full day 1500/- half day|
|Hockey||1500/- per day|
|Football||1000/- per day|
|Volley Ball||1000/- per day|
|Basket Ball||1000/- per day|
|Badminton||1000/- per day|
|Table Tennis||1000/- per day|
|Tug of War||1000/- per day|
|Boxing||1000/- per day|
Arrangement of Sports Goods.
|1||Complete Kit for each Player||1||Track Suit|
|2- Hockey||1||Hockey Sticks|
|4.||Goal Keeper Kit (Complete)|
|5- Volley Ball||1||Balls|
|6- Table Tennis||1.||Bats|
|8- Tug of War||1.||Rope|
|9- Boxing||1.||Training Gloves|